We are now offering group classes in the Lynchburg area!
Begins on April 18.
We are coming closer to you so we can spread the joy of having a well trained dog through the use of positive training methods. Learning how to learn is far better than forcing your dog to learn via aversive tools and methods. Positive training is motivational, fun and offers a life-long, loving bond with your dog.
Our class list has something for everybody.
- Puppy Kindergarten - For puppies 2 - 4 months of age. We cover some basic communication skills and obedience cues; along with how to prevent behavior issues as your pup matures.
- Beginner Obedience - For puppies 5+ months and adult dogs. We cover the basic commands/cues for loose leash walking, heel, sit, down, stay and come. We discuss behavior modification techniques.
- Intermediate Obedience - For dogs that have successfully completed Beginner Obedience. Cues for Finish (returning to heel position), stand/stay, increased duration and distance in stays. How to handle reactivity, distraction proofing.
- Tricks - For dogs who have completed Beginner Obedience. Fun with all sorts of tricks from twirl and shake, to sit-up, crawl, roll-over, speak and more.
- Private Lessons in Lynchburg - We will offer private lessons at the Ruritan Center, if requested.
Boonsboro Ruritan Center
1499 Coffee Road
Lynchburg, VA 24503
No need to travel to Amherst in order to take advantage of our professional services. We are coming to you!
Sure, there are other group classes in the area, but not one offers instruction from a world class, published trainer. Miriam Fields-Babineau has published 44 books on dogs, cats and other pets. She has encyclopedic knowledge of pet care, training, behavior and nutrition. No need to google for the info. Just ask!
We strongly support positive training methods. From our approach to training, to the tools we use. Our training tools of choice are Miriam's Gentle Training System, which consists of a Freedom Harness, Comfort Trainer Head Halter, Double Clip Lead and a fantastic treat pouch that does it all. Her book, Click and Easy: Clicker Training for Dogs, will also be available for purchase at each group class. This book will aid you in your quest for perfect harmony with your beloved dog in all aspects of your life together.
Contact Us or click here to Register